Putting a plan together
A plan for running your campaign will enable you to keep all necessary steps in your focus.
- Establish a measurable objective.
- Example: ‘Reduce stress-related illness in call centres by 10% over the next three years.’
- Focus on specific target audiences.
- Example:personnel managers in larger companies or owners of SMEs.
- Develop a clear message.
This should be tailored to your target audiences and ideally include recommendations that they can act on.
- Example:, ‘Research has shown that call centres can reduce stress-related illnesses by following three basic steps.’
- Identify the most suitable media to reach your target audiences.
Should you use advertisements, direct mail, posters, seminars, visits…?
- Agree a budget.
Include an extra amount, say 10% for unexpected additional costs.
- Find a good launch date.
Avoid major holiday periods, such as the run-up to Christmas, and try to link your campaign to a topical event or season to give it greater resonance.
- Evaluate your campaign.
Learn from your experience so you can have a greater impact next time round.