Czech Republic - Managing dangerous substances to ensure the safety and health of police and fire workers
This seminar aims to improve the safety and health of fire workers and police officers who are exposed to different dangerous substances during their daily work.
Speakers discuss common Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) challenges that these workers face by sharing experiences and practical examples. They inform participants about an efficient drinking regime and stress the importance of water, to ensure worker’s bodies are fit and healthy.
Discussing the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign, speakers highlight dangers related to carcinogens and explain the hazards related to asbestos. They then focus on the prevention of risks related to dangerous substances in the police and fire protection sectors.
Speakers clarify some legal aspects that employers need to consider to ensure safe and healthy workplaces. They also present findings from OSH inspection activities done by trade unions.
- Robert Křepinský, Chairman of the Committee for Legislation, the Government Council for OSH
- Jaroslav Hlavín, National Focal Point Manager, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
- Kamila Řezníčková, Business Manager, JUWITAL Ltd.
- Martin Mikyska, Lawyer
- Michael Vít, National Institute of Public Health, Centre of Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health
- Rudolf Růžička, Production Director, JUWITAL Ltd.
- Vladimíra Lipšová, National Institute of Public Health