Slovakia - European Enterprise Network seminar closes Healthy Workplaces campaign
The Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign engages in total 28 Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Ambassadors in its promotion. This seminar and campaign closing event is organised by EU-OSHA's national focal point in close cooperation with the EEN OSH ambassador in Slovakia and presents good practice examples for managing dangerous substances, along with new and creative ways of motivating employees to develop a culture of prevention in the workplace.
The half-day seminar provides participants, among them industry experts and safety technicians, with in-depth information and practical examples on how to identify and address potential health risks related to handling chemicals in the workplace. Speakers share their views and experiences in applying preventive measures, with a special focus on chemical industries. They also highlight the importance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in chemical plants and in maintenance works.
Mária Radvanská, the Slovak EEN OSH ambassador of the campaign, presents new and innovative techniques to motivate workers to demand and implement prevention measures in the workplace.
Representatives from the National Labour Inspectorate explain their role in prevention and education and provide an overview of the activities implemented in the country during the campaign period.
- Laurencia Jančurová, moderator
- Ladislav Kerekeš, National Focal Point Manager, National Labour Inspectorate
- Mária Radvanská, EEN OSH Ambassador and RPIC representative
- Daniela Gecelovská, National Labour Inspectorate
- Peter Weiss, Federation of employers’ associations of the Slovak Republic representative
- Ján Trcka, Head of Department for international relations and communication, National Labour Inspectorate
- Juraj Uherek, OSH consultant, Association for OSH