Croatia - Seminar on how to protect workers from hazardous substances
This seminar presents the main objectives of the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign and explains how to manage hazardous chemicals properly and minimise their impact on worker’s health and the environment.
Speakers examine the effects of working with dangerous substances and present the new regulation on protection from exposure to hazardous chemicals in workplaces. They introduce ways large enterprises can manage these substances in accordance with the regulation on Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH). They also share good practice examples from Croatia, for example LUSH manufacturing, where the highly dangerous substance epoxy resin was replaced by 3D printing to make molds.
Finally, speakers discuss occupational safety and health in the medical sector and showcase ways to protect the environment, prevent harmful exposures and reduce the risk factors that can jeopardise the safety and health of workers.
- Nenad Marinić, National Focal Point Manager, Ministry of Labour and Pension System (MRMS)
- Ivana Kerner, Croatian Association for Occupational Health
- Jelena Macan, Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health
- Matijana Jergović, Teaching Institute of Public Health
- Andrija Štampar, Teaching Institute of Public Health
- Rajka Turk, Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health
- Tomislav Cesar, Petrokemija d.d.
- Vinko Šarić, LUSH manufacturing
- Zvonimir Bakarić, Petrokemija d.d.