ETUI Regional OSH Information and Exchange Forum
The Working Conditions, Health and Safety Unit of the ETUI and the All-Poland Alliance of Trade Unions (OPZZ) are organising the ETUI Regional OHS Information and Exchange Forum.
The forum, which is aimed at representatives from Central and Eastern European countries, is being held in Krakow on 5 and 6 March 2019.
- The event provides participants with the opportunity to compare the most effective and efficient practices relevant to trade unions. This is particularly regarding support for the representatives of workers’ health and safety, including managing training sessions.
- One highlight of the forum is the regional dimension it offers. The successful cooperation between neighbouring countries, especially in fields such as knowledge exchange, will bring improvements for the safety and health of workers and their working conditions. Regional cooperation contributes to the effective implementation of both national and trade union strategies in OSH.
The four main topics to be covered in the forum are as follows:
- Stress at work
- The democratisation of the workplace
- The Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign
- Trade union OSH strategies for coming decade
The forum aims to analyse different approaches and learn from the experience of different countries. This requires a certain level of knowledge and a strong commitment from participants.