To further spread your campaign message, seize individual opportunities that may open up for you.
This could include:
- a photo opportunity for the press
- a radio phone-in on your occupational safety and health issue
- writing and placing feature articles in magazines and journals (for example on personnel management, on in trade and safety journals)
- suggesting a TV documentary to a TV company — they will want to know about the real-life experiences of workers and be interested in experts willing to speak to the camera.
- sending a letter to the paper, for example following a reported workplace accident related to the topic of your campaign.
- The press and media generally want a human-interest angle. They will want statistics of accidents backed up by real-life victims or their relatives.
- Testimonies and/or photos of victims may be needed for press releases, videos, advertisements and interviews. Makers of TV documentaries will want people willing to talk to the camera.
- Non-governmental health-related pressure groups and trade unions can be sources of contacts.
Copyright Cetin Bostanoglu