Spain - Conference on Safety, Health and Sustainability
This conference, taking place during the European Week for Safety and Health at Work, discusses the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign and explores the challenges associated with chemical risks in the workplace.
Speakers stress the need to minimise contamination caused by chemical substances and explain the risks such contamination creates for worker’s health. They share good practice examples on chemical risk evaluation and highlight that managers and workers need to be aware of the exposure limits to avoid work-related diseases and accidents. Speakers also review the impact that dangerous chemicals have on the environment and on the productivity of enterprises, while promoting safe and sustainable working conditions.
Finally, they discuss the dangers posed by carcinogenic substances, and introduce effective monitoring and risk prevention techniques.
- Enrique Gadea Carrera, National Institute of Safety and Health at Work (INSST)
- Javier Pinilla García, Director of the INSST
- Juan Guasch Farrás, Director of the National Center for Working Conditions, INSST
- Manuel Bestratén Belloví, INSST
- Virginia Gálvez Pérez, National Center for New Technologies, INSST
- Xavier Solans Lampurlanés, INSST
- Ángeles López Carrión, Hygiene Department of Prevention Chair
- Anna Fons, Safety Commission in the Chemical Industry, COASHIQ
- Javier Noguerol, FOMENT
- Montse Gascón, PIMEC
- Paz Arias, ESTEVE