Czech Republic - Managing dangerous substances: a seminar on the new regulations and tools available
This seminar introduces the Healthy Workplaces 2018-19 campaign, with a focus on the management of dangerous substances in the health and social care sector. It also provides updates on the new regulations and available tools related to dangerous substances and their effective management.
Speakers elaborate on a range of topics related to occupational safety and health (OSH) and the measures that should be implemented when working with dangerous substances. They underline the importance of the successful prevention of work-related accidents, such as poisoning, which can occur when handling hazardous substances.
Finally, speakers debate issues surrounding compensation for work-related accidents, highlighting the fact that poor management of dangerous substances not only puts workers at risk, but also has a great financial impact on businesses and the healthcare system.
- Jaroslav Hlavín, National Focal Point Manager, Ministerstvo práce a sociálních věcí
- Pavel Fošum, Occupational Hygiene and Occupational Medicine, Ministry of Health
- Miroslava Hornychová, National Institute of Public Health
- Milan Tuček, Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Charles University in Prague
- Sergej Zacharov, General University Hospital in Prague and First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague
- Vendulka Machartová, Chief of the Clinic of the Occupational Medicine