Lithuania - Conference on improving Lithuanian OSH and reducing threats at work
This conference presents the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign and focuses on improving the occupational safety and health (OSH) landscape in Lithuania. Speakers present both the policy and strategy of the Lithuanian State Labour Inspectorate, their plans for 2019, as well as the campaign’s key messages and objectives.
They elaborate on the most recent studies related to threats linked to electromagnetic fields in the working environment, and focus on occupational diseases caused by exposure to wood dust. The speakers also discuss welfare management while working with chemicals.
Finally, an expert from the Lithuanian Association of Occupational Health Specialists (LAOHS) presents the association’s goals, objectives and challenges, and encourages participants to share their experiences of dealing with challenges related to occupational health.
- Nerita Šot, National Focal Point Manager, Valstybinė darbo inspekcija
- Jonas Gricius, Director, State Labour Inspectorate
- Rūta Ustinavičienė, Secretary of the Faculty Council, LSMU Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine
- Rita Raškevičienė, Doctor of occupational medicine, LSMU Kauno klinikos
- Gediminas Valentėlis, Technical Safety Department, State Labour Inspectorate
- Vidmantas Januškevičius, Chairman, Lithuanian Association of Occupational Health Specialists