Preventing and managing work-related MSDs in the construction sector
Workers in the construction and technical projects sector often face an increased risk of developing musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) due to moving heavy loads, vibrations from machinery and working in awkward postures.
To address the issue, the Greek focal point hosts an online seminar to present the goals and main priority areas of the Healthy Workplaces campaign, raise awareness of the prevalence of MSDs and underline how to best prevent and manage work-related MSDs including through the use of ergonomics. Speakers also focus on working with chronic MSDs and address the risk factors associated with teleworking.
The online event concludes with a discussion with participants, who include both office workers and manual labourers in the construction/technical sector as well and members of the construction trade union (OSETEE).
- Andreas Stoimenidis, President of OSETEE
- Athanassios Skordas, Mechanical Engineer and Occupational Health and Safety Consultant at the Hellenic Association of Technicians
- Ioannis Aspirtakis, Mechanical Engineer and Occupational Health and Safety Consultant
- Ioannis Konstantakopoulos, Mining & Metallurgy Engineer and Manager of the National Focal Point of EU-OSHA, Hellenic Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
- Vivi Mixafenti, Chemical Engineer and Occupational Health and Safety Consultant