Webinar: Prevention of musculoskeletal disorders in the restaurant and catering industry
Regional safety representatives in hotels, restaurants and cleaning will host a webinar on the prevention of musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) in the catering industry.
The webinar is developed in collaboration with The Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority and EU-OSHA, and as a part of the Healthy worplaces lighten the load-campaign.
Aim of the webinar:
The aim of the webinar is to make chefs and waiters aware of the risks of musculoskeletal disorders in the catering industry and how to prevent this. We will provide managers, safety representatives and employees with knowledge and simple tools on how they can prevent musculoskeletal disorders in their workplace. Furthermore, we want to promote the professions of chef and waiter so that more young people choose these professions.
Preliminary content (not all speakers have been confirmed)
- What is the status of work related health conditions for chefs and waiters?
Speaker: chief physician Tor Erik Danielsen in the Norwegian Labor Inspection Authority (NLIA) - facts and knowledge about musculoskeletal disorders for waiters and chefs.
- Why focus on the prevention of musculoskeletal disorders in the catering industry?
Speakers: Representatives from the social partners and the NLIA
How can more people be recruited to the industry - what is needed?
- The Norwegian Labor Inspection Authority's plan to focus on the prevention of musculoskeletal disorders in their inspections
Speaker: Trine Hammer, senior adviser at the National Department for Inspections.
The Norwegian Labor Inspection Authority's experiences and expectations of the companies.
- How can companies handle the risk?
- Are MSDs a topic of inspections in the industry?
- How does the Norwegian Labor Inspection Authority expect the companies to comply to the law and regulations?
- Useful tools for risk assessment of musculoskeletal disorders in the catering industry
Speakers: regional safety representatives Camilla Knudsen and Claudia Förster
How to do mapping and risk assessment aimed at musculoskeletal disorders?
The various roles in HSE work, including regional safety representatives in hotels, restaurants and cleaning
- How can the occupational health service assist the companies?
Speaker from Helsedesign.
- Norway needs more chefs and waiters
- How to recruit more young people to the industry?
- Presentation of the chef and waiter profession with video features
- Various films and interviews with people in the catering industry.