Active and Healthy Workplace: Role of Physiotherapy in the Workplace
The Latvian Focal Point in cooperation with the Latvian Association of Physiotherapists is organising this online event on creating an active and healthy work environment. The aim of the event is promoting cooperation between occupational safety and health (OSH) experts and physiotherapists at the company level.
The seminar will be opened by the national FOP manager, Linda Matisāne and Līva Tiesnese, the representative of the Latvian Association of Physiotherapists.
Following this, speakers from both OSH experts and physiotherapists will focus on different topics: an occupational physician will explain in detail the burden of occupational diseases, especially musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) in Latvia; representatives from the Association will talk about the influence of working conditions on the body systems (musculoskeletal system, cardiovascular system, improvement of cognitive functions); a specialist in ergotherapy will speak about saving of energy and protecting joints, and some companies will share their experiences with physiotherapists.
At the end of the seminar, there will by a Q&A session, followed by an online test that is needed for the physiotherapists to obtain credit points for recertification of health care professionals.
- Līva Tiesnese - Representative of the Latvian Association of Physiotherapists
- Linda Matisāne – National FoP manager
- Jeļena Reste - RSU Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Researcher
- Marika Briede - “Arho Medical Service”
- Sabīne Mikulāne-Dzelzkalēja - Latvian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Laima Buša - “Vesels birojs”, OSH expert
- Rasa Gaidlazda – - physiotherapist, “Schneider Electric Latvija”
- Guna Voiceščuka – “SJSC RIGA International Airport” , Labor protection manager
- Ella Ulme – “Printify”, Office Manager & Labor Safety Specialist