Malta – Introducing the Healthy Workplaces Lighten the Load campaign
From prolonged periods of sitting to repetitive movements or lifting heavy loads, all workers in every sector are at risk from some form of musculoskeletal disorder (MSD). To raise awareness of the issue and help businesses protect workers, EU-OSHA’s ‘Lighten the Load’ campaign 2020-22 will focus on the issue of MSDs and the preventive measures that can be taken to tackle them.
As a result, on 28 October the Maltese Focal Point is running an online launch event to formally introduce the topic and mark the start of the campaign. The session begins with an overview of the objectives of the 2-year campaign and the workplace hazards that can cause MSDs. Speakers provide tips on how to effectively manage work-related MSDs and how to eliminate or reduce associated risks, after which they address office ergonomics and provide advice on how to adhere to national OSH legislation in terms of display screen equipment. The session closes with a presentation on back injury at work, covering prevention, risk assessment and health surveillance.
The session is relevant for any OSH managers or professionals with an interest in preventing MSDs who wish to learn more about the campaign. The webinar will be prerecorded.
- Charles Micallef, Manager at the Occupational Health and Safety Authority
- Elizabeth Sharon Saliba, OSH Officer II at the Occupational Health and Safety Authority
- Mark Rosso, Resident Specialist in Occupational Health Medicine at the Occupational Health and Safety Authority
- Melhino Mercieca, Senior Manager (International Affairs) at the Occupational Health and Safety Authority
- Valerie Vella, moderator and journalist
Contact person: Melhino MERCIECA - email@example.com