Online workshop to raise awareness of musculoskeletal disorders
Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) can affect workers in any sector and although preventable, MSDs remain the most common work-related health problem in Europe.
To increase awareness of MSDs across all work sectors, the Spanish focal point is holding an online workshop on 21 October. Four presentations discuss various aspects of MSDs including the impact of COVID-19, teleworking and sedentary lifestyles as an emerging risk factor.
Some 300 people are attending the online event, including representatives of public institutions, trade unions and companies, as well as OSH experts and students from vocational training schools.
- Joaquín Pérez Rey, Secretary of State for Employment and Social Economy
- Carlos Arranz Cordero, Director of the National Institute for Safety and Health at Work (INSST)
- Ángel Martínez García, Head of Ergonomics and Psychosociology at the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health of the Region of Murcia (ISSL)
- Fermín Torrano Montalvo, Academic Director at the International University of La Rioja (UNIR)
- Silvia Termenón Quadrado, Technical Unit of Psychosociology National Centre for the Verification of Machinery CNVM – INSST
- Teresa Álvarez Bayona, Head of the Ergonomics Technical Unit at CNCT- INSST
Please follow this link to access the programme and to register.