Slovakia - Seminar on safely managing dangerous substances
This seminar is a continuation of last year’s Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances launch event. Participants receive more in-depth information as well as practical examples on how to identify and address potential health risks from chemicals in the workplace.
Speakers present new and creative ways of motivating employees to apply and request prevention measures in the workplace. Representatives of the National Labour Inspectorate introduce their newly opened Department for International Relations and Communication and highlight the importance of communication measures to prevent accidents. They also stress the need to explain the role of EU-OSHA in implementing Occupational Safety and Health policies.
Finally, participants are encouraged to share their views and experiences of applying preventive measures, with a specific focus on chemical industries.
- Ladislav Kerekeš, National Focal Point Manager, Národný inšpektorát práce
- Ján Trcka, Head of Department for International Relations and Communication, Národný inšpektorát práce
- Daniela Gecelovská, Národný inšpektorát práce
- Miroslava Kordošová, Institute for Labour and Family Research SR
- Juraj Uherek, Association for OSH and FFP
- Mária Radvanská, EEN Ambassador and RPIC representative