Greece - 5th national awareness-raising event on the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign
This event, taking place during the European Week for Safety and Health at Work, aims to raise awareness of the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign and to promote a risk prevention culture. Furthermore, the event informs participants about the occupational safety and health (OSH) strategy in Greece for 2016-20.
Speakers discuss how OSH inspection departments prevent occupational hazards and stress the need to modernise the European occupational health and safety legislation. They present the key messages and objectives of the campaign and address the risks arising from the exposure to carcinogens at work by presenting the Roadmap on Carcinogens – an action scheme to raise awareness of carcinogens at work.
Speakers demonstrate safe ways to use plant protection products, or pesticides, and share ways to promote OSH in the agricultural sector. They focus on the management of dangerous substances, such as radon and asbestos, and discuss how to create safer working environments and reduce work-related accidents.
- Ioannis Konstantakopoulos, National Focal Point Manager, Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Social Solidarity
- Fotis Moschopoulos, Civil Engineer, Director of Directorate for Safety & Health at Work, Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Social Solidarity
- Georgios Gourzoulidis, Radio-physician, Department of Research and Measurement Center for Determination of Damaging Factors for Health and Safety at Work, Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Social Solidarity
- Ilias Gazis, Chemist, Department of the OSH Research and Measurements Center for the Determination of Harmful Agents at Work, Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Social Solidarity
- Vasiliki Seinti, Head of the Regional Unit of Achaia, Labour Inspectorate, Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Social Solidarity
- Antonis Serkedakis, OSH inspector, Labour Inspectorate (SEPE)
- Charalampos Vryonis, Civil Engineer, Head of the Department of Safety and Health Inspection at the Work of Ilia, Labour Inspectorate (SEPE)
- Georgios Mikeoglou, Agriculturist
- Tzeni Pantazi, President, Hellenic Association of Occupational Medicine and Environment