Greece - 4th national information and awareness-raising event on the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign
This event aims to raise awareness of the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign, and allows experts from different sectors to share their knowledge on handling chemicals and creating safe and healthy working environments.
Speakers introduce the key topics, messages and objectives of the campaign and discuss the ways it could be implemented in Greece to maximise occupational safety. They present the latest European legislation on dangerous substances, including both the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) regulation and the Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP) regulation.
Speakers share good practice examples that show how to safely handle, store and dispose chemicals, and discuss the impact that chemicals can have in the context of work-related accidents. Additionally, they present ways to deal with carcinogens, mutagens and toxic substances to prevent work-related diseases.
Finally, speakers focus on accidents caused during the process of chemical waste management. They underline the fact that that the use of new materials and technologies has great potential to minimise health risks in the workplace.
- Ioannis Konstantakopoulos, National Focal Point Manager, Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Social Solidarity
- Ilias Gazis, Chemist, Department of OSH Research and Measurements Center for the Determination of Harmful Agents at Work, Directorate for Safety & Health at Work, Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Social Solidarity
- Fotis Moschopoulos, Civil Engineer, Director of Directorate for Safety & Health at Work, Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Social Solidarity
- Antonis Serkedakis, Electrical Engineer, Special OSH Inspector, Labour Inspectorate (SEPE)
- Georgios Theodosiou, Safety Inspector, Department of Technical & Health Inspectorate of the region of Magnisia, Labour Inspectorate (SEPE)
- Vasileios Moraitis, Director, Operational Center for the Processing of Medical Waste “Aposteirosi A.E”
- Maria Fysaraki, Doctor of Labour
- Maria Tsaknaki, Chemist, Inspector, Chemical Products and Responsible Quality of Laboratories
- Maria Zigra, Waste Management Officer, Health Units of Volos "ACHILLOPOULIO"
- Stergios Naris, Head of the Hellenic Institute of Occupational Health and Safety branch in Volos