Protecting workers against MSDs and other current and emerging health risks
While employees may be confronted with various work-related health problems, such as musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs), psychological issues and, more recently, COVID-19, specialists and policymakers are constantly trying to tackle all these at once.
To address the current challenges and emerging risks in the occupational safety and health field, the Lithuanian focal point is organising an online seminar for general practitioners on employees’ health. Speakers present the key aspects of the Healthy Workplaces campaign as well as trends related to occupational diseases of the musculoskeletal system, identified in Lithuania. Discussions also focus on the health and psychological risks for older workers, as well as the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Taking place online, the seminar is aimed at health and safety professionals, business representatives and members of the OSH network.
- Nerita Šot, Focal point coordinator and Chief Specialist at the State Labour Inspectorate of the Republic of Lithuania
- Erikas Mačiūnas, Head of the occupational Health Centre, Institute of Hygiene
- Justyna Kolesnik, Representative of the Occupational Health Research Division of the Occupational Health Centre, Institute of Hygiene
- Rita Zubkevičiūtė, Chief Labour Inspector at the Occupational Safety and Health Division of the SLI
- Saulius Vainauskas, Department of Public Health, Institute of Health Sciences, Vilnius University
- Vida Juskeliene, Representative of the Occupational Health Research Division of the Occupational Health Centre, Institute of Hygiene
+370 5 265 0193