Iceland – The benefits of teleworking and the importance of a healthy musculoskeletal system
The Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in a huge uptake in teleworking across the world. Forecasts predict that the digitalisation of work is here to stay, so what are its pros and cons?
On 28 April, the Icelandic focal point hosts a conference to discuss the future of teleworking and the lessons learnt during the Covid-19 pandemic. Occupational safety is also discussed, in particular the importance of a healthy musculoskeletal system and avoiding carrying too much weight at work.
Around 100 participants from a wide range of organisations are attending the online conference as the topic concerns almost every working person.
- Guðlaugur Örn Hauksson, Career development manager at Íslandsbanki Bank
- Hanna Sigríður Gunnsteinsdóttir, CEO of the Labour Inspectorate
- Sandra Rán Ásgrímsdóttir, Chairman of the Board of the Labour Inspectorate
- Sólrún Kristjánsdóttir, Manager of human resources and culture at ON energy company
- Svava Jónsdóttir, Division manager of the Labour Inspectorate
- Tómas Bjarnason, Division manager of Gallup