Czech Republic - Police and fire protection sectors manage dangerous substances effectively
The seminar discusses the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign and introduces procedures to effectively manage dangerous substances in the police and fire protection sectors.
Speakers highlight the importance of risk assessment and prevention for fire and police workers who are exposed to hazardous substances. They also share good practice examples which can be adopted to ensure the safety and health of the police and fire officers when responding to emergencies.
Finally, speakers look into the legal aspects of occupational safety and health (OSH), discussing the updated EU directives on hazardous substances and national OSH legislation, focusing on matters such as the restrictions on certain chemicals and occupational exposure limits.
- Jaroslav Hlavín, National Focal Point Manager, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
- Jiří Vala, Specialist, Occupational Safety Research Institute
- Miloš Eichler, Specialist, GUARD7
- Robert Křepinský, Chairman, Commitee for Legislation, Government Council for OSH
- Vladimíra Lipšová, Specialist, National Institute of Public Health