Promoting worker participation in the development of ergonomic workplaces
Measures to improve working conditions should be implemented after discussions with employees, as the direct beneficiaries.
To promote workers’ active involvement in creating better workplaces, the Latvian Focal Point is organising a seminar bringing together company representatives and trade union members to discuss the general principles of worker participation in improving working conditions, with a special focus on ergonomics. Representatives from companies that have competed in the national good practice awards share their experiences related to innovative forms of worker participation in solving labour protection issues.
Taking place in Riga, the event is aimed at trade union representatives dealing with issues related to occupational health and safety, who can get involved during two question and answer sessions.
- Linda Matisāne, Manager of the State Labour Inspectorate
- Dmitrijs Daņiļenko, Safety System Manager at SCHWENK Latvija, LLC
- Elīna Kalašņikova, OSH specialist at Rimi Latvia, LLC
- Ieva Grantiņa, Occupational Safety Specialist at Silkeborg Spaantagning Baltic, LLC
- Reinis Plakanis, Head of the Occupational Safety and Health unit at MAXIMA Latvija, LLC
- Ziedonis Antapsons, Representative of the Free Trade Union Confederation
Contact Name: Linda MATISĀNE
Contact Phone: +371 670 217 21
Contact Email: email@example.com