Malta - Improving occupational health and safety in the construction sector
This event aims to raise awareness of occupational safety and health (OSH) principles among architects in order to create safer working environments in Malta’s construction sector.
Speakers discuss OSH legislation and the role of employers in creating safe and healthy workplaces. They highlight the importance of efficient risk assessment and management at construction sites. The objective is to ensure that construction workers receive clear instructions and that adequate safety assessments are done on construction sites to avoid putting workers at unnecessary risk.
Finally, speakers aim to raise awareness of the dangerous substances to which workers in the construction industry are often exposed. They introduce practical techniques to manage and potentially eliminate the use of such substances, and demonstrate how personal protective measures can reduce health risks and work-related accidents.
- Charles Micallef, Manager of OHS Officers, Occupational Health and Safety Authority
- Charlie Farrugia, Principal OHS Officer, Occupational Health and Safety Authority
- Clinton Cachia, Principal OHS Officer, Occupational Health and Safety Authority
- Mark Gauci, Chief Executive Officer, Occupational Health and Safety Authority
- Melhino Mercieca, Senior Manager of International Affairs, Occupational Health and Safety Authority
- Alex Torpiano, Dean, Faculty of the Built Environment, University of Malta