Lithuania – Prioritising safety in the in the woodworking and furniture production sector
This seminar discusses the main objectives and messages of the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign. It aims to raise awareness of risks posed by dangerous substances in the workplace, particularly in the woodworking and furniture production sector.
Speakers highlight the most common safety issues for workers, focusing on the safety requirements when working with chemicals in furniture manufacturing and the woodworking industry.
Finally, speakers present Online interactive Risk Assessment (OiRA) tools as an easy and effective way to carry out risk assessment. They offer a practical demonstration of the OiRA tool for the furniture manufacturing industry, and underline that OSH measures can benefit both employees and employers by reducing absences and increasing workability.
- Nerita Šot, National Focal Point Manager, Valstybinė darbo inspekcija
- Gediminas Valentėlis, Technical Safety Department, State Labour Inspectorate (SLI)
- Agnė Jaraitė, Kaunas Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Crafts
- Vesta Macė, Technical safety department, SLI
- Rita Zubkevičiūtė, Occupational accidents and occupational diseases department, SLI