Czech Republic - Seminar on how to manage dangerous substances in schools
This seminar discusses the management of dangerous substances in the framework of the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign and shares information about the safe handling of chemicals and hazardous materials in the education sector.
Speakers introduce practical tools and measures that teachers in secondary vocational education can use to promote a risk prevention culture among the school faculty and students. They also share updates on occupational safety and health (OSH) legislation and highlight that workers in educational establishments can face the same hazards as those in any other workplace.
Finally, they stress the need to minimise harmful exposures and provide a safe and healthy environment both for teachers and students.
- Jaroslav Hlavín, National Focal Point Manager, Ministerstvo práce a sociálních věcí
- Andrew Andrys, Deputy Central school inspector, Czech School Inspectorate
- Jiří Tilhon, Occupational Safety Research Institute (VÚBP)
- Marta Stará, Head of the Vocational Education and Training Unit of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport
- Pavel Fošum, Occupational Hygiene and Occupational Medicine, Ministry of Health