Czech Republic – Seminar on dangerous substances and safe working conditions for everyone
This seminar discusses the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign and aims to raise awareness of the dangers posed by dangerous substances in the workplace, particularly in SMEs, where workers are at greater risk from work-related accidents and diseases.
Speakers present the main objectives of the campaign and focus on occupational health risks that employees of SMEs face on a daily basis. They also present the role of the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) which is providing advice and support for SMEs all over Europe, and has 28 OSH ambassadors who are actively involved in promoting the campaign. Speakers also explain how to effectively conduct risk assessment and present the Online interactive Risk Assessment (OiRA) Tools, which can be of great help for SMEs in preventing occupational accidents and diseases.
Finally, they give advice on how to safely handle chemical substances by sharing good practice examples from their workplaces.
- Jaroslav Hlavín, National Focal Point Manager, Ministerstvo práce a sociálních věcí
- Marie Pavlů, Head of Enterprise Europe Network, Centre for Regional Development of the Czech Republic (CRR)
- Zdeněk Vašák, General Director, CRR
- Alena Horáčková, Occupational Safety Research Institute (VÚBP)
- Jiří Vala, Occupational Safety Research Institute (VÚBP)