Croatia – Preventing and reducing work-related musculoskeletal disorders
One of the best ways to manage musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) is through a combination of preventive measures to control the risks – this should be a top priority in all workplaces.
This is one of the key messages of an online webinar organised by the Croatian focal point on 28 April. The event begins with an introduction to the Healthy Workplaces campaign. The focus then shifts to the risks to mobile workers of MSDs and related disorders. This is followed by a session on prevention, which includes tips on maintaining working abilities and increasing efficiency. The webinar wraps up with a session on Covid-19 as an occupational disease.
The webinar is aimed at local employers’ representatives as well as safety professionals – two of which will receive awards for their work in promoting safety at work in 2021.
- Žanna Šostak, Ministry of Labour, Pension System, Family and Social Policy
- Snježana Kirin, Karlovac Polytechnic
- Ivica Mekovec, Institute for Security Research and Development
- Josipa Nakić, Faculty of Kinesiology
- Petra Herak, Institute for Expertise, Professional Rehabilitation and Employment of Persons with Disabilities
- Tamara Radošević, Occupational and sports medicine specialist at the Occupational Medicine Service of the Croatian Institute of Public Health