ETUI Regional OSH Information and Exchange Forum
The Working Conditions, Health and Safety Unit of the ETUI and the Serbian Trade Union Confederation (CATUS) are organising the Regional OHS Information and Exchange Forum in Belgrade on 19 and 20 February 2019.
- The event provides participants with the opportunity to compare the most effective and efficient practices relevant to trade unions. This is particularly regarding support for the representatives of workers’ health and safety, including managing training sessions.
- One highlight of the forum is the regional dimension it offers. The successful cooperation between neighbouring countries, especially in fields such as knowledge exchange, will bring improvements for the safety and health of workers and their working conditions. Regional cooperation contributes to the effective implementation of both national and trade union strategies in OSH.
The four main topics to be covered in the forum are as follows:
- Occupational health as a burning priority for OSH strategies both in Serbia and in the Western Balkan region
- Trade union OSH strategies for coming decade
- The democratisation of the workplace
- The Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign
The forum aims to analyse different approaches and learn from the experience of different countries. This requires a certain level of knowledge and a strong commitment from participants.