Poland - Training on using personal protective equipment to work safely with chemicals
The aim of the training is to familiarise participants with the threats posed by chemical agents in the workplace. Speakers analyse hazards found in working environments where chemical substances occur, and present various safety measures which can be applied to protect workers from exposure.
They highlight that employers are legally responsible for providing workers with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, eye and face protection and protective clothing. They explain that the choice of equipment is key and should be adapted to the working conditions. They underline that in certain situations, washcloths or safety showers should be provided.
Finally, speakers stress that employers are responsible for providing workers with information about both chemical substances and PPE, to enable them to protect themselves.
- PhD. Małgorzata Pośniak, Centralny Instytut Ochrony Pracy - Panstwowy Instytut Badawczy (CIOP-PIB)
- PhD. Eng. Grzegorz Owczarek, CIOP-PIB
- Magdalena Szulc-Dajerling, ALFA I OMEGA Sp. z o.o.
- PhD. Małgorzata Pęciłło, CIOP-PIB
- PhD. Anna Skład, CIOP-PIB