Investigating the effects of prolonged sitting at work
Our bodies need to move around to function well: avoiding prolonged sitting and static postures is important to prevent musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) and other health problems.
On 29 October, during the European Week for Safety and Health at Work, the Swedish focal point holds a webinar to present the results of inspections made by work environment inspectors into the scale and effects of sedentary work. Speakers also discuss existing guidelines, good practices and present the latest research on the topic.
The event is taking place online with around 500 participants, mostly representing large Swedish companies.
- David Hallman, Researcher at University of Gävle
- Elin Vidlund, Swedish Work Environment Authority
- Erna Zelmin-Ekenhem, Director General at the Swedish Work Environment Authority
- Heli Aarnipuro, Work Environment Inspector at the Swedish Work Environment Authority
- Nader Ahmadi, Director General at the Swedish Agency for Safety and Health at Work