Putting a plan together
A plan for running your campaign will enable you to focus on all the necessary steps.
- Establish a measurable objective.
- Example: ‘Reduce stress-related illness in call centres by 10 % over the next 3 years.’
- Focus on specific target audiences.
- Example: personnel managers in larger companies or owners of small or medium-sized enterprises.
- Develop a clear message.
- This should be tailored to your target audiences and ideally include recommendations that they can act on.
- Example: ‘Research has shown that call centres can reduce stress-related illnesses by following three basic steps.’
- Identify the most suitable media to reach your target audiences.
- Consider whether to use advertisements, direct mail, posters, seminars or visits, for example.
- Agree a budget.
- Include an extra amount, say 10 %, for unexpected additional costs.
- Find a good launch date.
- Avoid major holiday periods, such as the run-up to Christmas, and try to link your campaign to a topical event or season to give it greater resonance.
- Evaluate your campaign.
- Learn from your experience, so your next campaign has a greater impact.
© Sapuna Julija