Portugal - Closing event highlighting the lessons learned throughout the campaign
This closing event reflects on the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign. It gives insights into the lessons learned which allowed Portuguese companies to improve the handling of dangerous substances and establish safer and healthier working environments.
Speakers, including EU-OSHA’s Executive Director Christa Sedlatschek, share the main messages and objectives of the campaign. They also delve into the campaign implementation at national level, discussing how to maintain the momentum in the years to come and highlighting that the key to effective hazard assessment and management is the creation of a strong culture of prevention.
Speakers then present good practices examples implemented by Portuguese companies in the manufacturing, electronics and medical sectors to encourage other companies invest in occupational safety and health (OSH) and tackle work-related risks. Finally, the event wraps up with a presentation of the Healthy Workplaces Good Practice Awards.
- Emília Telo, National Focal Point Manager, Autoridade para as Condiçôes do Trabalho
- Carlos Jorge Pereira, CEO, Directorate of Occupational safety and Health, Autoridade para as Condiçôes do Trabalho
- Christa Sedlatschek, Executive Director, European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA)
- Isabel Santos, CEO, Segurança magazine, campaign media partner
- Luisa Guimarães, General inspector, Autoridade para as Condiçôes do Trabalho
- Marcelino Pena Costa, Employers representative
- Miguel Cabrita, Secretary of state for employment
- Natividade Augusto, CEO, Segurança Comportamental magazine, campaign media partner
- Ricardo Ribeiro, EEN OSH Ambassador, CEC – EEN
- Susana Casinhas, CEO, Proteger Magazine, campaign media partner
- Vanda Cruz, Workers representative