Latvia - Seminar on managing emergency situations in the workplace
This event aims to raise awareness of the importance of taking preparatory actions to tackle risks on time and discusses how to effectively manage emergency situations in the workplace.
Speakers present examples of how emergencies at work can occur, including through the wrongful handling of chemical substances. They delve into the emergency preparatory actions taken by labour unions around Europe and share tips on how to improve electrical safety.
Speakers then focus on the regulations dealing with the control of accidents involving dangerous substances and discuss companies’ legal requirements to create safe and healthy working environments. Finally, they introduce good practice examples of first aid in the workplace and share practical first aid response measures to avoid delaying action in emergency situations.
- Linda Matisāne, National Focal Point Manager, Valsts darba inspekcija
- Andris Bērziņš, Latvian Samaritan Association
- Daina Pužule, Grif LTD
- Dzintars Lagzdiņš, State Fire Safety and Rescue Service of Latvia
- Irena Liepina, Free Trade Union Confederation of Latvia
- Ivars Soika, Olainfarm JSC
- Normunds Jēkabsons, State Fire Safety and Rescue Service of Latvia
- Vita Breidaka-Podračika, Development Finance Institution Altum
- Ziedonis Antapsons, Free Trade Union Confederation of Latvia