Latvia – How to safely handle cleaning and disinfection chemicals
This event discusses the outcomes of the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign and focuses on the cleaning sector. It aims to raise awareness of the current trends in risk prevention and management, especially when it comes to cleaning and disinfection chemicals.
Speakers introduce the most common health problems related to the exposure to chemical agents and detergents. They then share effective protective tools and measures to minimise work-related accidents and diseases, including an Online interactive Risk Assessment (OiRA) tool for the cleaning sector.
Speakers present the most common chemical-related accidents along with good practice examples of dangerous substances management from the pharmaceutical and food production sectors. Finally, they delve into environment-friendly chemicals and help participants understand the eco-labelling of cleaning agents.
- Linda Matisane, National Focal Point Manager, Valsts darba inspekcija
- Ilze Kristone, Head of Occupational health and safety, Grindeks Pharmaceuticals JSC
- Ilze Neimane, Member of the board, Ecodesign center of competence
- Inese Martinsone, Researcher, Institute for Occupational Safety and Environmental Health
- Jelena Reste, Researcher, Institute for Occupational Safety and Environmental Health
- Kristīne Kursite, Work safety and environment specialist, Cēsu alus JSC
- Sandra Zarina, Head of labour protection unit, State Labour Inspectorate