Italy - Protecting workers from chemical risks in the colorants sector
This conference aims to increase awareness of hazardous substances and their management.
Speakers review some cases of occupational diseases and injuries in recent years and present research on carcinogens in the Piedmont region. They then focus on the implementation phases of different European regulations, such as the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) and the Classification, Labelling and Packaging of substances and mixtures (CLP) regulations. Speakers highlight the effects of the regulations’ application at regional level in relation to safety and health in the workplace, discussing opportunities and risks, with a particular focus on chemical dyes/colorants.
In addition, the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign is presented, as well as the role of the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) in promoting Occupational Safety and Health (OSH).
- Danilo Antoni, Technical advice on risk assessment and central prevention (CONTARP), INAIL
- Ruggero Dal Zotto, Sanità Pubblica, Piedmont Region
- Fabrizio Ferraris, Director, S.Pre.S.A.L.
- Marco Fontana, Arpa Piemonte
- Paolo Fornetti, Arpa Piemonte
- Silvia Pecorella, Enterprise Europe Network, Confindustria Piemonte
- Mauro Sabetta, Servizio Ambiente
- Gabriele Scibilia, General Manager, Flashpoint S.r.l.