Iceland – The Icelandic version of the e-tool for safe handling of dangerous substances in laboratories, paint shops and prevention of major accident
This event aims to raise awareness of the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign in Iceland and introduces safe ways to handle dangerous materials in laboratories and paint shops, as well as measures to prevent major chemical accidents.
Speakers present an Icelandic version of the e-tool, about to be published alongside EcoOnline – software that helps companies build safer workplaces. Furthermore, they discuss how to efficiently handle, transfer and store chemicals in laboratories to minimise harmful exposures and work-related diseases through personal protection measures.
Speakers also focus on the risks to workers in car repair and paint shops when exposed to dangerous substances through inhalation. They underline the importance of proper ventilation and protection equipment and discuss how investing in occupational safety and health (OSH) can benefit both businesses and employees, leading to a reduction in absences and an increase in workability.
Finally, speakers present the regulation on the prevention of major accidents due to dangerous substances.
- Hanna Sigríður Gunnsteinsdóttir, Director Vinnueftirlitið
- Ásmundur Einarsson, Minister of Social Affair
- Eva Yngvadóttir, Chemist, Efla Consulting Engineers and Karitas Jónsdóttir Safety Specialist at Norðurál
- Guðmundur Már Magnússon, Chemist, Security and technical department of Occupational Safety and Health, Vinnueftirlitið
- Jóhannes Helgason, Manager, Safety and technical department of Occupational Safety and Health, Vinnueftirlitið
- Ragnar Geir Gíslason, Auto dent and car painting garages
- Snorri Páll Davíðsson, Security department, University of Iceland