Hungary – Campaign closing event focusing on proper handling of dangerous substances
This event presents the main messages and results of the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign and offers insights on the proper handling of dangerous substances in different sectors.
Speakers discuss the outcomes of the campaign in Hungary and share their experiences with occupational diseases and the regulation of hazardous substances, stressing the need to minimise harmful exposures in the workplace and create healthy and safe working environments.
Speakers then introduce the new exposure limit values for regulating carcinogenic substances and underline their significant role in the prevention process. They focus on chemical safety from the chemical industry’s perspective and talk about the role of laboratory tests in the prevention of occupational diseases.
- Katalin Balogh, National Focal Point Manager, Ministry of Finance, Department of Occupational Safety and Health
- Albert Vezmár, Head of Department of chemical, noise, vibration and lighting technology, National Center for Public Health
- Ferenc Nédó, Labour inspector, Department of Labour Protection, Ministry of Finance
- Gáspárné Bada Magdolna, Deputy director, Hungarian Chemical Industry Association
- Gyula Madarász, Medical consultant, Department of Labour Protection, Ministry of Finance
- Péter Nesztinger, Head of Labour Safety Department, Ministry of Finance
- Zoltán Marczinkó, Deputy Secretary of State, State Secretariat for Labour Issues and Enterprise Relations, Ministry of Finance