Greece - Raising awareness of health and safety risks at work
This event, taking place during the European Week for Safety and Health at Work, reflects on the results of the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign and presents the current occupational health and safety (OSH) situation in Greece.
Speakers introduce the main messages and objectives of the campaign and discuss the activities implemented at national level. They highlight that exposure to dangerous substances can have a negative impact on workers’ quality of life and ability to work by lead to respiratory diseases or cancer, for example.
Speakers share their knowledge of risk assessment and management as well as practical OSH tools, to encourage the establishment of a culture of prevention in workplaces across Greece. They underline that to create sustainable working environments, both employers and workers need to be involved.
- Ioannis Konstantakopoulos, National Focal Point Manager, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
- Fotis Moschopoulos, Director, Directorate for Safety & Health at Work, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
- Giorgos Gourzoulidis, Medical Physicist, Department of the Center for OSH Research and OSH Measurements for the Determination of the Detrimental OSH Factors, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
- Ilias Gazis, Chemist, Department of the OSH Research and Measurements Center for the Determination of Harmful Agents at Work, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
- Vasiliki Seinti, Head of the Regional Unit of Achaia of Labour Inspectorate, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs