Greece - Information and awareness-raising event on chemical substances management
This event, organised in cooperation with the Hellenic Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Social Solidarity and the Association of Greek Chemists, aims to share information about the safe handling of chemicals in the workplace and raise awareness of the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign.
Speakers - including Giorgos Skroubelos from the European Federation of National Maintenance Societies, an Official Campaign Partner - discuss the impact of exposures to hazardous substances on the health of workers in the chemistry sector, highlighting that the key to effectively managing occupational risks is to create a culture of risk prevention.
They present tools and measures to actively help organisations and businesses manage dangerous substances on a practical level, especially when it comes to the correct management, storage and disposal of chemicals.
- Ioannis Konstantakopoulos, National Focal Point Manager, Hellenic Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Social Solidarity
- Eleni Efthimiadou, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Filenia Sideri, President, Association of Greek Chemists
- Fotis Moschopoulos, Director of Directorate for Safety & Health at Work, Hellenic Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Social Solidarity
- Giorgos Skroubelos, General Director of RMS EXYPP and President of the Department for the Environment and the Health & Safety, European Federation of National Maintenance Societies
- Ilias Gazis, Chemist, Department of the OSH Research and Measurements Center for the Determination of Harmful Agents at Work, Hellenic Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Social Solidarity
- Margarita Vatista, Chemist, Member of the OSH Council for the Workers
- Michail Chalaris, Professor, Fire Service Academy
- Panos Drougas, Vice-president, Scientific Department, Environment and the Health & Safety, Association of Greek Chemists