Medicover survey to identify the needs of workers to improve their working conditions
As an official partner of the "LIGHTEN THE LOAD" campaign of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work for 2020-2021, Medicover has taken action to prevent musculoskeletal disorders, which are one of the most common work-related health problems in Europe.
As part of the partnership, the Wellbeing Team together with a Team of Ergonomists prepared a health-promoting campaign called Spine and Co. for Medicover employees. In line, The assumptions, goals and scope of the campaign were developed and the logo was designed, in line with EU-OSHA's campaign tasks.
The first stage of the campaign was to develop and carry out a survey to identify the needs of workers to improve their working conditions. A survey of the most common health issues among workers caused by the way they work, taking into account the impact of the pandemic on work and health, allowed to obtain a lot of information regarding:
- the need to improve working conditions,
- the provision of equipment for stationary and remote working,
- the organisation of breaks and places for active rest,
- the need for training and instruction concerning ergonomics in the workplace,
- the willingness of employees to receive advice on prevention and rehabilitation, not only through physiotherapy, but also on managing stress at work and striking work-life balance).
Based on the results, a report was prepared, target groups were identified and an action plan was drawn up to improve working conditions, create a working environment promoting physical activity, and raise ergonomic awareness among MHS Poland employees.
The campaign activities covered approximately 11,000 people across the country. They were addressed to three groups of employees: office workers (working remotely or hybrid), medical employees (doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, pharmacists) and sales department employees (working outside the office).