The Central Institute for Labour Protection – National Research Institute is the main research institution in Poland comprehensively dealing with the problems of improving working conditions in accordance with human psychophysical abilities.
The subject of the Institute’s activity is conducting research and development works leading to new technical and organisational solutions in the field of labour protection, related to occupational safety, health and ergonomics as well as carrying out other tasks especially important for reaching the goals of the state’s social-economic policy in this field.
- conducting research and development work, and realisation of other tasks settled for the Institute by the Council of Ministers in long-term programmes,
- conducting other research and development work in the field of labour protection related to occupational safety, health and ergonomics, and implementation of the results into practice in order to eliminate or reduce the causes of accidents at work and occupational diseases,
- disseminating the results of the above-mentioned works in publications, competitions, exhibitions, scientific conferences, symposia and seminars,
- undertaking activities in the field of improving methods of conducting research and development works,
- creating educational curricula and aids for the national education system and conducting training and postgraduate education in the field of occupational safety, health and ergonomics,
- development of and providing opinions on standards in the field of labour protection related to occupational safety, health and ergonomics, and the conditions of keeping these standards,
- certification in the area of obtained accreditation, certification other products or services related to occupational safety and health, and laboratory tests for certification purposes,
- activities in the field of scientific, technical and economic information, industrial and intellectual property, and scientific co-operation w