Occupational Health and Safety webinar series: Tackling Ergonomic Challenges in the Manufacturing Industry
TIC Council and DEKRA invite to their webinar ‘Tackling Ergonomic Challenges in the Manufacturing Industry’, which forms part of their ‘Occupational Health and Safety’ series. This series sets out to share best practices and raise awareness of musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) in the workplace. This topical issue is the focus of this year’s EU-OSHA Campaign ‘Healthy Workplaces Lighten the Load 2020-2022’ of which TIC Council, DEKRA and guest speakers are the Campaign's Official Partners.
The updated European Industrial strategy seeks to drive the competitiveness of Europe's industry and deliver the twin transitions towards climate neutrality and digital leadership. However, if industry is to achieve these ambitions it is imperative that employers properly address MSDs as an integral part of company policy to improve the health of their workforce and thereby bring mutual benefits to both businesses and individuals.
This virtual panel will bring together high-level speakers from the TIC sector, DEKRA and the manufacturing industry, specifically Pirelli and Toyota Material Handling Europe to explore the impact of MSDs, share challenges faced and propose best practices to prevent work-related MSDs in the manufacturing industry.
The panel will analyse the following topics:
- The value of moving ergonomics to process design
- Safety, health and wellbeing approaches for employees, customers and other stakeholders.
- How insights, leadership and competences help to avoid musculoskeletal disorders in industry
The webinar will take place on Tuesday, 8th June 2021 at 15:00 - 16:00 CEST via Webex.
You can register via this page: https://tic-council.events.idloom.com/tic-council-dekra-occupational-health-and-safety-webinar-series
- Carina Strömberg, Sustainability Controller, Toyota Material Handling Europe
- Alberto Schiavon, Group Health and Safety Manager, Pirelli
- Sebastian Bartels, Senior Vice President, Head of Business Line HSE & Sustainability, DEKRA.
Martin Michelot, Policy and International Affairs Manager, TIC Council