Safe patient handling and movement
The healthcare sector consistently ranks among the sectors with the most work-related musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). Healthcare workers can be put at risk of due to a combination of physical, mechanical, organisational and psychosocial factors.
The Swedish Agency for Work Environment Expertise (SAWEE) has organised a webinar to present current regulations, provisions and ongoing research and to share good practice on the theme of safe patient handling and movement. Prominent researchers within this field present their work and the Swedish Work Environment Authority (SWEA) connects the regulations to statistics on occupational injuries.
The purpose of the event is to spread knowledge concerning safe patient handling and movement among employers, employees, safety representatives, researchers, policy makers, employers and anyone else interested in this topic.
- Anders Westlund, Investigator
- Ann Georgsson – Ombudsman at the Swedish Municipal Workers' Union
- Anna G Thörner, Physiotherapist/ergonomist
- Charlotte Wåhlin, Associate professor & Ergonomist/RPT at Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Region Östergötland
- Christina Östman, Physiotherapist/ergonomist
- Elin Vidlund, Expert in ergonomics and MTO at Arbetsmiljöverke
- Marianne Törner, Researcher, safety, organisation and leadership, occupational and environmental medicine at the University of Gothenburg
- Sebastian Buck, Ergonomist and doctoral student