Preventing MSDs with ergonomics at home and in the workplace
Ergonomics --- fitting a job to a person --- helps lessen muscle fatigue, increases productivity and reduces the number and severity of work-related MSDs. This is the true in the workplace as it is for the increasing number of people working from home.
To look into the benefits of ergonomics further, the Slovakian focal point is holding a seminar in Žilina – with streaming available on the focal point’s YouTube channel – with members of the national network, authorised safety technicians and the professional public on new developments and insights from ergonomics experts.
The seminar begins with a presentation on the 2020-22 Healthy Workplaces Campaign, followed by presentations on using ergonomics both at home and in the workplace to prevent MSDs. Speakers use practical examples and best practices to highlight the benefits of ergonomics.
- Lucia Sabová Danková, Director of the department of Workplace legal conditions – National labor inspectorate
- Peter Rampašek a Ing. Tímea Szabóová, OZ KOVO Bratislava
- Lucia Krišová, RPIC Prešov, EEN ambassador to the Slovak Republic
- Mária Hrušková, Workplace Health Service, Žilpo, s. r. o.
- Mária Žideková, Public Health Offices, Kia Slovakia s. r. o.
- Juraj Mareček, Physiotherapist, REHABKO, s. r. o.